Dr. Beata Casanas
(DO, FACP, FIDSA) Advisory Member, USA Our AIM Foundation
- Infectious Disease Specialist and Professor at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine in Tampa.
- Graduate from Nova South-Eastern University, College of Medicine in 1999.
- Underwent both her Internal Medicine and specialty Postgraduate Training after graduation.
- Performed Academic Duties at USF, Tampa General Hospital and Hillsborough County Health Department.
- Involved in various research studies concerning HIV and Zika.
- Well recognized expert in TB presentation and treatment and has already been a featured speaker at national and international venues in the last 16 years.
- For the past two years, she has been a spokesperson and scientific advisor in mass media on COVID for USF and TGH.
- Elected a Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Recently, she was chosen as the Program Director of the Year for the Infectious Disease Fellowship at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine.
- Currently, serves as Executive Medical Director of the Hillsborough County Health Department overseeing the Tuberculosis, HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease clinics.